Using word or powerpoint how to make it in hindi or marathi? Need to do it on regular basis. 2 years ago
Knowledge Junction:Answered in 1 mins
There are 3 ways to go about this, primarily:
1. Use an online conversion tool like :
2. Use an external software like Akruti language pack - where you have to start THAT software before opening MS Word and it works like an on-screen keyboard which syncs with your actual 'qwerty' keyboard. Some of these are free, some of these are paid. If you intend to do a lot of typing, it's worth investing in one. Most of these are available for Windows, not Mac.
3. Simplest is downloading a 'font' - Devnagari font - there are MANY available for free download.
- Download the file
- Keep Word, Powerpoint etc. closed
- Install the font - just double clicking the TTF file should do the job
- Then start word - chose the 'font' you just installed - start typing. Enjoy!
- It might take you a while to figure out which key types which alpabet of the language - the 'matras' will have to be figured out too. Use the shift key liberally and slowly steadily you will get the hang of it.
Exporting these files can be a tricky affair - in laptops where the particular font is not installed it will not open up or look as gibberish.
In such a scenario, it is always better to export as a PDF document and everything will work fine.
Hope this helps!