Sameer Jindal: Which mobile is better K4note 3gb /16 gb 3300 mah battery / Redmi note 3 3gb ram/32gb int memory 4000battery / Moto g turbo 2gb ram/16 2470 mah battery. Screen size not an issue . , budget around 12k 2 years ago
Knowledge Junction:Answered in 17 mins
Greetings Dr. Sameer Jindal,
On paper this would be a no-brainer and all you would have to do is decide whether you like X better or L and whose looks are more pleasing to your eyes.
But things aren't that simple when it comes to the practical application of these 3 phones.
First things first - the Moto G Turbo Edition cannot be compared to the other two because it is inadequate in every department when stacked up. Poorer screen resolution, lesser RAM, slower processor. The only thing in favour of Moto G Turbo Edition (since you have already mentioned that screen size is not an issue) - is it's WATER-RESISTANT nature. The iP certification that it carries. This feature alone could be a deal clincher for many Mumbaikars or parents with toddlers or the adventurous kind.
If not ... read on.
Between the Lenovo Vibe K4 Note & the Xiaomi RedMi Note 3 - both sequels to already successful phablet series by the respective manufacturers - pack some serious bang for the buck.
While they are evenly matched on screen size, resolution, camera quality including dual tone flash and boast of a fingerprint sensor as well - Xiaomi edges out with 2 things - 1. Fast charging and 2. A better chipset (needed if you wish to play heavier games). While Lenovo K4 Note has the advantage of a Memory Card slot which supports cards upto 128 Gb - which you can use to load media files and enjoy with the VR (Virtual Reality) Googles that Lenovo supports with the K4 Note.
We are, ofcourse, assuming that only the 3 Gb version is being considered here - which can be a tad hard to get online, but it's well worth the effort.
Average users of such phones tend to hold on to them for 14 to 18 months and then upgrade, often laterally. At this price point it should definitely serve it's time well. Since both are not expected to receive any Android updates as time passes (again Moto G is the only exception to this - and is already on Marshmallow 6.0.1) - The Lenovo has a Android 5.1.1 while Xiaomi has Android 5.0.1. Minor differences. Nothing ground-breaking. Given that Lenovo also owns Motorola and maybe will pick up a page from their book, there are more chances of the K4 Note getting an upgrade over the RedMi Note 3 anytime.
Like we mentioned earlier, it will boil down to your personal comfort and choice.
For example - while we are not fans of the MiUI on the Xiaomi, but if we were going to use the Xiaomi Mi Band 1 or 1s for fitness training we would definitely go with the Xiaomi RedMi Note 3.
or if one wishes to have a cleaner Android skin and keep the possibility open for rooting it in the future and swap ROMs we would go for the Lenovo K4 Note.
Few other things to keep in mind:
- Lenovo already has the K5 Note launched at a higher price point.
- Xiaomi RedMi Note 3 - the 3 Gb version is tough to get your hands on - flash sales & some lucky strikes definitely involved
- Both of these would be best opted for with online e-tailers and not brick and mortar stores.
- Lenovo has marginally better brand recall, service and build quality over Xiaomi.
- If you are unable to grab the 3 Gb version and are considering settling for the 2 Gb version - then we would request you to give an impartial thought to the Moto G Turbo once again and Nexus 5X (prices slashed for the 16 Gb version) which is just a little higher than your budget. Or even an old Nexus 5 or Nexus 6 which will give much better performance and longer duration of service than these two.
Hope this helps.
Do let us know if this leads to any further dilemmas arise out of this post.